If you're a fan of fast Fords, or hot hatches in general, then you'll be excited about the next Ford Focus ST which is due to be unveiled at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Due to hit the showrooms in July 2019, the new fast Ford will bring features from the previous Ford Focus RS as well as some tricks and features which will put it ahead of its hot hatch rivals.
Here are 10 facts about the fourth generation Ford Focus ST:
- 2.3-litre EcoBoost petrol (from the last Focus RS) with twin-scroll turbo and anti-lag and 280PS / 420Nm (12% more power and 17% more torque than the previous model)
- Rev-matching offered for short-shift six-speed manual gearbox
- first Focus ST to have selectable drive modes ( throttle mapping and fastest Ford electric power-assisted steering) means the ST can switch between hooligan and refined cruiser
- advanced independent rear suspension configuration with available Continuously Controlled Damping
- Ford’s first application of an electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD) for a front-wheel drive vehicle
- diesel ST available with 190PS 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel with 400Nm from 2,000rpm
- now available with Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring for effortlessly negotiating stop-start traffic
- First Ford in Europe to be offered with a head up display
- comes with Special Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres
- up to 35.7mpg fuel efficiency
The new Ford Focus ST is on sale from now and starts from £31,995. This seems like a great price for so much performance and technology, but you can now get the previous generation Ford Focus ST from just over £210 per month on a PCP deal
Posted 01/07/2019 Back to Blog