CarMoney Assist Terms
The following definitions will apply, wherever they appear in the following terms and conditions.
Us/we – means CarMoney Assist.
You, your – the person named on the Validation Certificate
Vehicle – the vehicle covered by your CarMoney Assist as shown on the Validation Certificate.
Breakdown – a mechanical or electrical failure, puncture or accident, which immediately renders the vehicle immobilised.
Territorial limits – means Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Details of CarMoney Assist cover may not reach us by the time assistance is required. In this unlikely event, we will always assist customers, but before assistance can be provided, we will ask you to provide immediate payment for the service required by Credit or Debit card. A payment receipt will be sent to you in order for you to seek reimbursement from the administrator. Please contact the supplying dealer if you have any questions concerning this procedure.
Call 0344 573 8076
Tell the controller who answers your call:
• you are a CarMoney customer
• your Assist type, number and car registration number
• where your vehicle is; and
• what seems to be the problem (for example, if you have a puncture, tell the controller your tyre size).
• You are entitled to the following CarMoney Assist services.
• CarMoney Assist Services
Roadside Assistance and Nationwide Recovery
If your vehicle breaks down due to mechanical or electrical failure, sustains a puncture or is involved in an accident, we will send help to the scene. We will arrange to pay call out fees and mileage charges needed to repair or assist with the vehicle. If, in the opinion of our recovery operator, they are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside we will assist in the following way:
• Arrange and pay for your vehicle, you and up to five passengers to be recovered to the nearest garage able to undertake the repair.
• If the above is not possible at the time, we will arrange for your vehicle, you; and
• up to five passengers to be transported
• to your home or original destination.
We will despatch one of our recovery operators to your home address or within a one-mile radius only.
Please note: Any repairs undertaken by our recovery operators at their premises are provided under a separate contract, which is between you and the garage.
Caravans and Trailers
If your vehicle breaks down and your caravan/trailer is attached, providing it is fitted with a standard towing hitch and does not exceed 23 feet in length, your caravan/trailer will be recovered with your vehicle at no extra cost.
If you require, we will gladly pass on two messages to your home or office to let them know of your predicament and ease your worry.
If your vehicle is involved in an accident rendering it immobile or illegal we will transport your vehicle to a nominated local address within the United Kingdom.
If your vehicle sustains a puncture and you are unable to change the wheel, service will only be provided if your vehicle is carrying a serviceable spare wheel or inflation kit. If you are not carrying a spare wheel as your vehicle was never provided with one by the manufacturer and the inflation kit is ineffective due to a badly damaged tyre, then we will provide service under the terms of the vehicle being immobilised. In the event your vehicle is fitted with run-flat tyres and, due to the time of day or local stock availability, a replacement cannot be found within the 50 miles the vehicle can be driven on a run-flat tyre, you and your vehicle would be recovered to your home or original destination in the same way as any other irreparable breakdown.
CarMoney Assist does not cover the following:
1. Any caravan/trailer where the total length exceeds 23 feet and where it is not attached to the vehicle with a standard towing hitch.
2. Contracts not registered with us.
3. The cost of any parts, components or materials used to repair the vehicle.
4. Any costs or expenses not authorised by our Rescue Controllers.
5. The cost of food, drinks, telephone call or other incidentals.
6. The cost of alternative transport.
7. The cost of petrol, oil or insurance for a hire vehicle.
8. The recovery of the vehicle and passengers if repairs can be carried out at or near the scene of the breakdown within a reasonable time. If recovery takes effect we will only recover to one address in respect of any one breakdown.
9. Overnight accommodation or car hire charges.
10. Breakdowns caused by failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance or proper levels of oil and water. If, in the opinion of our recovery operator, the vehicle is found to be unroadworthy due to lack of maintenance, unless servicing records can be provided, we may terminate your Cover immediately notifying you, by letter, what action we have taken.
11. Vehicles where service cannot be effected because the vehicle does not carry a serviceable spare wheel.
12. Any request for service if the vehicle cannot be reached due to snow, mud, sand or flood or where the vehicle is not accessible or cannot be transported safely and legally using a standard transporter.
13. Any request for service if the vehicle is being used for motor racing, rallies, public hire, private hire or any contest or speed trial or practice for any of these activities.
14. Overloading of the vehicle or carrying more passengers than it is designed to carry.
15. Claims not notified prior to expenses being incurred.
16. The charges of any other company (including Police recovery) other than our recovery operator.
17. Loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents.
18. Direct or indirect loss, damage or liability caused by, contributed to or arising from:
• Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from an irradiated nuclear fuel or from nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
• the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
• any results of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power.
19. Any false or fraudulent claims.
20. Failure to comply with requests by us or our recovery operators concerning the assistance being provided.
21. Fines and penalties imposed by courts.
22. Any charges where you, having contacted us, effect recovery or repairs by other means.
23. Ferry and Toll charges outside of Mainland UK.
24. Any claims relating to the following:
• vehicles in excess of 35 cwt- 3.5 tonnes.
• vehicles more than 17 feet long, six feet three inches wide and eight feet high
• Any service or insurance cover where remedial action has not taken place following a previous breakdown.
• More than six callouts per contract per year.
25. Claims totalling more than £2,500 in any one year.
1. We will provide cover if:
• You have met all the terms and conditions within this contract.
• The information provided to us, as far as you are aware, is correct.
• The driver of the vehicle must remain with or nearby the vehicle until help arrives.
• We may cancel the contract by sending seven days notice to your last registered address.
• You have the right to cancel this Assistance within 14 days of receiving these terms and conditions. Should you wish to cancel within this period please contact your supplying dealer who will arrange cancellation. As this Assistance has been provided to you free of charge, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement. CarMoney Assist is administered by Call Assist Ltd.
Should you wish to contact us, please send your correspondence to:
Call Assist Ltd, Axis Court, North Station Road,
Colchester CO1 1UX.
CarMoney Assist Helpline – 0344 573 8076
Privacy and Data Protection Notice
1. Data Protection
Car Care Plan Limited (the “Data Controller”)
are committed to protecting and respecting your
privacy in accordance with the current Data
Protection Legislation (“Legislation”). Below is
a summary of the main ways in which the Data
Controller processes your personal data. For
more information please visit www.view-privacypolicy.co.uk.
2. Use of your Personal Data
The Data Controller may use the personal data
it holds about you for the purposes of providing
insurance, handling claims and any other related
purposes (this may include underwriting decisions
made via automated means), for offering renewal,
research or statistical purposes and to provide
you with information, products or services that
you request from the Data Controller or which the
Data Controller feels may interest you. The Data
Controller will also use your data to safeguard
against fraud and money laundering and to meet
the Data Controller’s general legal or regulatory
3. Disclosure of your Personal Data
The Data Controller may disclose your personal
data to third parties involved in providing it with
products or services, or to service providers who
perform services on the Data Controller’s behalf.
These include group companies, affinity partners,
brokers, agents, third party administrators,
reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries,
insurance reference bureaus, credit agencies,
fraud detection agencies, loss adjusters, external
law firms, external auditors and accountants,
regulatory authorities, and as may be required by
4. International Transfers of Data
The Data Controller may transfer your personal
data to destinations outside the European
Economic Area (“EEA”). Where the Data
Controller transfers your personal data outside
of the EEA, the Data Controller will ensure that
it is treated securely and in accordance with the
5. Your Rights
You have the right to ask the Data Controller not
to process your data for marketing purposes,
to see a copy of the personal information held
about you, to have your data deleted (subject to
certain exemptions), to have any inaccurate or
misleading data corrected or deleted, to ask for a
copy of your data to be provided to any controller
and to lodge a complaint with the local data
Your data will not be retained for longer than is
necessary, and will be managed in accordance
with the Data Controller’s data retention policy.
In most cases the retention period will be for a
period of seven (7) years following the expiry of
the contract, or the Data Controller’s business
relationship with you, unless the data must be
retained for a longer period due to business, legal
or regulatory requirements.
If you have any questions concerning the Data
Controller’s use of your personal data, please
The Data Protection Officer, Car Care Plan
Limited, Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business
Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire BD3 7AG,