Cookies & Privacy
CarMoney Ltd – Privacy Notice
Who Are we?
CarMoney is a UK broker dealing in car finance in the automotive industry. As part of our process, we will need to collect and process certain information from you.
you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
This Notice and our Cookies Policy apply to all visitors to and users of:
- the CarMoney website at www.carmoney.co.uk (the "Website");
- any website that links to this Notice and/or our Cookies Policy;
- CarMoney social media accounts;
This means the notice is applicable to anyone contacting us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence, in person and via social media.
Data Controller and Contact Details
We are registered as the data controller. Our company registration information is CarMoney Registration SC467274. Our registered office is Pioneer House Renshaw Place, Holytown, Motherwell, Scotland, ML1 4UF. Our Information Commissioners Office Registration Number is as follows ZA197193
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer, Pioneer House Renshaw Place, Holytown, Motherwell, Scotland, ML1 4UF
What data do we collect and why?
We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms including social media, or by telephone or email.
1. Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
2. Information that you provide to us in order to arrange finance for you including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
3. Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties including driving licence details and / or other photographic ID
The Legal Basis for processing the Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following, which are:
- Legal contract
- Legitimate Interest
Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendment to your marketing preferences you can do so by clicking here and completing the online form.
Credit Reference Agencies
In order to process your application, we will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you, such as your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity.
The legal basis for this is
- Legal contract
- Legitimate Interest
We will also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants or other financial associates.
The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail:
Call Credit: www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
From time to time, you may have a need to communicate with us. As part of this process, you may be needed to provide personal data to us such as your name, address, contact details. We will use this to deal with your communication.
The legal basis for this is :
- Legitimate interest
The reasons for communication with us maybe include:
- To Enter a competition
- To respond to a survey.
- To make a complaint;
- To enquire about working with us
Website Services and Analytics
To improve our Website and services, we may use your contact details and details of your activity on our Website and interactions with us such as name, telephone number, email address details and your interactions with us.
- Legitimate Interests
These are used so we can:
- Manage the Website and related services such as problem-solving, data analysis, testing, research, produce surveys, and developing the Website and our products and services.
- We use the information to assist us in developing relevant content on the Website.
- provide customers who have opted-in to receive marketing communications, with relevant and timely offers by email
Under data protection laws, we are required to have a legal basis to process your personal information. We have set out below the legal bases we rely on:
- Contract: The data processing activity is necessary to enter or perform a contract with the data subject. If the processing activity does not relate to the terms of the contract.
- Consent: The data subject has given permission for CarMoney to process their personal data for one or more processing activities. Consent must be freely given, clear, and easy to withdraw.
- Legal Obligation: The processing activity is necessary for a legal obligation, such as information security, employment, or legal or regulatory requirements
- Legitimate interest: This is a processing activity that a data subject would normally expect from Carmoney where personal data is given for activities like marketing activities and fraud prevention.
We may be required to gain consent when it comes to processing certain types of your personal data. This consent as detailed above must be clearly given. Consent can relate to using the website or marketing communications.
If you have given consent for us to process your personal data you also have the choice to withdraw that consent, this can be done by emailing email@example.com
Once we receive this request we will process the request immediately.
If your details have already been passed on to a lender or 3rd party then you will need to contact them directly to make any request for withdrawal of consent.
Sharing Personal Data
There may be instances where we share your personal data with 3rd party organisations where it would be reasonable to do so, these include
1. Finance companies where you have entered into a Finance Agreement.
2. Insurance companies where you have purchased Guaranteed Asset Protection.
3. 3rd Party suppliers including website provider and service providers as part of the website
However, we would not share your personal data with other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your express written consent to do so.
Your personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where privacy laws may not provide protection to the same level as in the UK.
Before any transfer takes place, we will take steps to make sure your personal information will be adequately protected, as required by the UK Data Protection Act this may include contractual safeguards.
Here you can find links to our finance partners and their privacy policies:
Blue motor finance
Oodle Car Finance
Startline motor finance
Specialist Motor Finance
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data e.g.
1. To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
2. In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
4. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, wherein our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security and storage of personal data
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. The Carmoney Ltd website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use.
As a result of Carmoney Ltd processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
1. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
2. You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
3. You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
4. You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
5. You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
The time we keep personal information depends on why we have it and how we use it:
- We keep records of your dealings with us for up to six years after the last contact, to respond to any complaints or disputes if they arise
- We’ll keep other personal information about you if it’s necessary to comply with the law
The Carmoney Ltd website uses "cookies" to help improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the Carmoney domain that issued the cookie to you.
None of the cookies on our web site collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Carmoney Ltd website. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve the web site wherever possible.
The Carmoney website does collect some personal/identifiable information as part of the application process but this is always done by asking you the user to enter details. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Peter Vardy services or website.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your personal data, then you can make a complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are still dissatisfied after your response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, their contact details are listed on www.ico.org.uk