Vulnerable Customer Support
We understand that your circumstances can change, sometimes without warning, and we want to reassure you that we’re here to support you at difficult times.
Here at CarMoney we are committed to treating customers fairly and supporting customers in making the right decision to suit their personal needs by ensuring all information is understood. Some customers require additional support due to Personal health, Financial uncertainties, Life Events or simply needing somethings explained in a little more detail before they can be fully informed to make a decision.
If at any point during your car buying journey you wish to have more information around this, feel free to ask a member of our team who will be happy to assist you. You can find phone numbers and emails over at the contact us section of the website.
The four drivers of vulnerability as set by the FCA are:
- Health - Health conditions or illness that effect ability to carry out day to day tasks
- Life Events - Life events such as bereavement, job loss or relationship breakdown
- Resilience - Low ability to withstand financial or emotional shock
- Capability - Low knowledge of financial matters or low confidence in managing money, low capability in other relevant areas such as literacy or digital skills
If you feel you may fall into any of these four areas or would like to discuss anything in more detail, we have an experienced team who are happy to have a conversation around any additional support we can offer you.
Below are some supporting websites we feel may be useful to some of our guests. Our sales team also have an extensive list of additional online support they will be happy to share if this will be helpful. Some of these are listed below:
Advice on debt problems
StepChange offers advice on how to deal with your debt issues. Based on your circumstances, you’ll be recommended the best option for you moving forward and get support through to the resolution.
Phone - 0800 138 1111
Website - www.stepchange.org
Citizens Advice Bureau offers free advice on financial and non-financial matters - Citizens Advice
Other financial support
- For further advice on managing your money, claiming against any insurance policies and to check you have applied for all the benefits and entitlements available to you, visit Benefits calculators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Money Helper can be contacted on www.moneyhelper.org.uk 0800 138 7777
- Money Saving Expert provides a range of advice and offers to help save you money
- National Debt Line – www.nationaldebtline.org 0808 808 4000
- Business Debt Line – www.businessdebtline.org 0800 197 6026
- Entitledto and Turn2us can help you to understand if you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to. You can use their free benefits calculator online
Personal support for you
- The UK's leading bereavement charity Bereavement Support can be contacted here Home - Cruse Bereavement Support 0808 808 1677
- Mind offers free and confidential mental health information and advice
- Samaritans are available to talk to you any time you like, in your own way, and off the record about whatever’s worrying you
- NHS Choices and Live Well NHS offer help and support for coping with addiction, bereavement, and a range of other areas of personal support
- Relate offers counselling and support services for couples, families, and young people
- If you're experiencing domestic abuse, talk to the National Helpline
Other useful organisations that can help you
If you need help urgently, call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0808 2000 247 (24 hours). Or call the Police on 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.
Modern technology gives abusers ever-growing ways to control those using the tools of everyday life. If you need help and support with how to secure your tech visit Refuge’s tech safety website.
Surviving Economic Abuse is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of this type of abuse and improving the support that is available for those experiencing it. You can visit the Surviving Economic Abuse website where you will find additional support, and information on next steps that you might take.